BlenderNewbies - a resource for learning Blender 3D
Get Firefox
Best viewed with the free Firefox browser. Minimum Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Blender Themes Used in BlenderNewbies Tutorials

I'm often asked about the themes that have been used in the BlenderNewbies tutorial videos, so I've decided to provide downloads for all of the themes that have been used thus far.

This is the first theme that I started using regularly. It was created by Bastian Salmela (aka basse).

Download Zipped theme file.

This green theme is one that I created.

Download Zipped theme file.

This is the theme that I'm currently using. It's a modified version of a theme called "Dark". I can't remember who created the original version.

Download Zipped theme file.


To use these themes, you'll need to unzip the python script into your "scripts" subfolder.


Then, in Blender, open a Scripts window.


Locate the Scripts, Themes menu and select the desired theme. Blender's interface will be updated instantly.



For more info on how to customize Blender's interface, you might want to check out the Pimp Your Blender tutorial.


technorati tags: , , ,

13 comments:

André said...

Thanks, I was looking for the Dark theme (:

Endy said...

Thanks a lot, Kernon!
Speak about reliable persons... :-)

Ramon _GPS said...

Thanks man for providing this themes. I´m new in blender . i only can make "pencils" simple object) but i ´m still learning. and the page is great, really, for newbies.

Kernon Dillon said...

You're welcome.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the theme, it's great. I viewed the "pimping" tutorial too but still have a question. Is there a way to change the default object color without changing the lighting or adding a material to the object? What I'd like to have is right from the start up of blender the little cube is a different color than gray. Is this possible?

Thanks.

Kernon Dillon said...

Yes, adjust the material currently assigned to the cube and press Ctrl-U to make that the new default. Just remember that pressing Ctrl-U will save the current state of EVERYTHING in Blender as the new default settings, so start a new scene before adjusting anything.

Unknown said...

WOW... it is a shame just how simple that is! Down-right-embarrassing to say the least! Here I was starting to think the only work around would involve source code manipulation!

Thanks again...

hyenaman said...

that green theme is almost identical to my custom one...freaky :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I installed Blender 2.49 and it doesn't have the .Blender subdirectory. Could anyone help me.
Thanks

Kernon Dillon said...

On Windows, I believe that the installation version of Blender puts those things in the "Application Data" subfolder somewhere under "Documents and Settings". I've never believed that to be a good idea, so I always download the zipped version and simply unzip everything into one place. That way the .blender folder ends up being where you expect it to be...with the Blender application.

Hope that helps.

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much, with the installed version i don't found the .blender directory, but I downloaded the zipped one and there it is.
Thanks!

VIANARCH said...

Hi, I want to ask you about button windows icon. How can you use Blender 2.50 icons on the 2.49 version in your video tutorials?
Thanks...

Kernon Dillon said...

I don't think you can use the 2.5 icons in 2.49. All of the icons for 2.49 are taken from a single graphics file. The location of the icons in the grid layout of the graphics file determine where they get applied in the 2.4x interface. You can see how to use different icons set for 2.49 in the following video:
http://blendernewbies.blogspot.com/2007/12/video-tutorial-pimp-your-blender-learn.html

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated, thanks!