BlenderNewbies - a resource for learning Blender 3D
Get Firefox
Best viewed with the free Firefox browser. Minimum Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768

Thursday, November 20, 2008

News: Blender Browser Toolbar update


Time for another Blender Browser Toolbar update!

View an overview of the latest Blender Toolbar changes.
(This link is always available in the sidebar to the right.)

If you're not seeing the new content, go to the dropdown configuration menu (click the little arrow button to the right of the Blender logo) and select the Refresh Toolbar item.


technorati tags: , , ,

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, thanks for this! ^_^

Togotooner said...

Looks cool. Hey,....I've never used Blender before and quite frankly 3D scares the B-Geezus out of me! I have been tasked to create a Cylinder that has 5 labels wrapped around it (all saying something different) and then have the cylinder spin slowly so that they can all be seen and read at some point during the spin cycle...to add to that agonizing feat,..they'd like me to have the cylinder then uncoil itself to become a linear rectangle that shows the 5 labels in sequence. Can Blender be used for this or should I just tell those people FORGET it,...I don't do 3D!!!!?

Kernon Dillon said...

Yes, Blender can definitely be used for that. However, it's not something for an absolute beginner in any 3D application.

Kernon Dillon said...

If you still get tasked to do it, you could join the BlenderNewbies forums and get some guidance.

Togotooner said...

Thanks...I'm afraid it looks like I'm going to have to do this....Will Blender export out as an animated gif? Problem is,..this has to animate and play in PowerPoint. i can embed a gif or a .swf file in there,...but gifs tend to be easier although grainy at times. Know too that I'm totally understanding that some work and planning goes into many of these animations and so many people think,..hey I just want to slap up a shape and have the program do the rest. What that usually results in is a less than exciting (Cookie cutter) looking work. So I'm up for the lessons if Blender is up to the task! I will join this weekend.

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated, thanks!