BlenderNewbies - a resource for learning Blender 3D
Get Firefox
Best viewed with the free Firefox browser. Minimum Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Navigating the BlenderNewbies Blog

I've gotten some questions about how to navigate the site and I thought it might be a good idea to share my response for the benefit of others having similar issues.

QUESTION:

I found your website in the interest of learning blender... and unfortunately I can't figure out how to navigate your site 'easily' (not your fault, I don't have much luck with blog-style sites it seems). Where should one start?

ANSWER:

Yeah, I agree with the navigation issue of blogs. I'll be solving things like that when I finish migrating to the new site. In the meantime, here are some tips that might help.

First of all, the content on the site isn't necessarily progressive in terms of the difficulty level of the material. That was my original plan but, I quickly abandoned that approach.

You can start from the very first blog post and progress through the contents by going to the Blog Archive dropdown listing found in the sidebar to the right. In the dropdown lisitng, start at the bottom with July 2006. Selecting an item from the listing will take you to a page listing all of the posts during the selected month and year. You'll need to start at the bottom of the resulting page and progress upward through the individual posts. Blogs always display posts starting from the most recent.

Another way to get around the site is to use the "Labels" found at the bottom of each post (not the technorati tags). I add these labels to help organize the site's contents so, as you might guess, selecting a label will display all of the posts with that labeling. You can also use the list of labels located to the far right side of the page. The numbers beside each label indicate the number of posts with that labeling.

Another thing you can use is the site's Search feature, found just below the Blog Archive feature mentioned earlier. Just be sure to set the search tool to "BlenderNewbies" using the option controls below the search box.

Well, I hope that clears up a few things about navigating the site!

technorati tags: , , ,

2 comments:

That's my song4Him today said...

Blender toolbar says it needs Mozilla to run optimally, I have Kaspersky and it crashes Mozilla every 2-5 minutes... so I went back to Internet Explorer 7... Do you know what I might do to solve the problem with Mozilla or where I can find help to adjust settings or so forth. I can't seem to find anyone who knows where to send me... and I am dying to start tutorials for blender... thank you so much. diannalord@hotmail.com

Kernon Dillon said...

I'm really not sure. I tried the Kapersky software in the past, but it conflicted with too many things on my system. So, I switched to Avira Personal (free version) and haven't had any problems. I had read reviews that Kapersky was really good, but I just found it too sensitive and I was too lazy to spend the time tweaking the settings (lol).

So, I can only suggest contacting Kapersky support or try switching to another anti-virus software.

Thanks.

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated, thanks!