Hey there, time for the first video tutorial of the new year!
This one is about creating a layered snowflake pattern. The Blender 2.4x video tutorial covers:
- Creating the snowflake pattern using simple poly-modeling techniques along with Blender's Mirror modifier and Spin tool
- Arranging the snowflakes using the Scatter and Drop script along with some manual tweaking
- Setting up render layers for compositing
- Using Blender's nodes to composite the render layers with added FX
- Adding colorful stars to the composited layers
- Adding a background image to the snowflake pattern
Resource File (ZIP file) Includes:
- two Blender 2.4x blend files for the basic setup
- the Scatter and Drop script (created by Roland Hess) along with a link to instructions on how to install python scripts. Normally, I would provide a link to a python script like this, but I couldn't find a working link to the file so I just included it in the download.
- some additional sample renders of similar snowflake patterns
- a copy of the background image used in the tutorial
Check out the video tutorial...