This is a demo of the Gen3 tree-generating script. Gen3 is created by Sergey Prokhorchuk (a.k.a. Stager) and we have him to thank for creating such a great tool for Blender.
I've done a lot of research and have found quite a few tools for creating trees that are compatible with Blender. And, because I was able to find so many useful tools (I think I found something like 12 or 13), it's going to be difficult to create actual tutorials for each of them. There are so many things to consider when creating a tree and that usually translates to a lot of parameters in these types of applications. So, in order to cover them all in a reasonable amount of time, I've decided to present quick demonstrations, instead. The bonus aspect of this is that I'll share with you all of the treasures of information that I've collected in my search for these tools. This should save you quite a bit of time in getting up to speed with the applications.
This video covers:
- Introduction to Gen3
- The Basics of Using Gen3
- Speed Tips
- Creating/Trimming a Quick Shrub
Watch the tutorial online (SWF streaming, Length - 44:31)...
- Download the Gen3 script (Unzip the contents into your Blender scripts subfolder)
- Tutorial: How to Use Basic Python Scripts in Blender
- PDF - Creation and Rendering of Realistic Trees
- Additional parameter details
- Blenderartists forum for discussing Gen3